• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clickable MP3 playlist, Spotify type play, pause previous song style

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this possible? I'm trying to make a promotional one sheet that has my albums playlist/track list that plays MP3's. I have added some audio file in to the Media window, and converted the track list to outlines so each object can be it's own button. I've been able to add an action to play on click, but I can't figure out how to pause all the other songs on clicking the next track. Both songs will continue playing, or ultimately the whole list will play at the same time if I click them all (12 songs). Maybe creating a spotify like album playlist isn't possible in Indesign? If it is, can I output this as an interactive PDF?

Any tips, tut's, info links would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
EPUB , Experiment , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

This is, IMVHO, best served by a dedicated web page. No portable format will be reliable or of a size to transfer easily.

Create a great shortlink for it and send that as fancily as you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. you can, but with one NO

Here you go - https://youtu.be/l5DTWYrurEM

"No" here is that interactive PDF was have Flash core and it was killed by international mafia that not like flash technologies. Forget about PDF with that feature. Create epub from InDesign.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done." Yes!! The reason I popped in here because of the responses so far, things I've never known or needed to know about Indesign because I primarily do packaging design. It's a unique (for me) ask and something that would be cool in the back pocket to offer other musicians.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at in5 an InDesign plugin at extra cost (if you have the budget!):
https://ajarproductions.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm going to have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you planning to distribute this? If it's via website, there are multiple plugins available for various web platforms that would make this a piece of cake.

You'll never get this to work satisfactorily as a PDF. EPUB might work but only if you can control the EPUB reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

yeah they asked if I could send a pdf that they can just send to radio stations,  it like others have said, what I'm trying to do doesn't export like that. EPUB works(ish) but are people going to want to open a book app? Probably not. Initially I suggested a password protected web page that I could build easily with Elementor and Wordpress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm more of an Avada guy but yeah, that's exactly how this should be handled. Good luck. I'll be curious to know if you can convince them to go that route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think that epub isn't for your customers and PDF with music player die few years ago then try another soft for web-paging (InDesign not for that things) or you will need to learn and buy in5 plugin as Derek says.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or use the tool intended for web page design in the first place. Not everything needs to start as an InDesign page.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. The OP seems to be quite familiar with WordPress. Unfortunately for some people, if they're holding a hammer the entire world is a nail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maslow's Law is one of two small maxims on my office wall. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is, IMVHO, best served by a dedicated web page. No portable format will be reliable or of a size to transfer easily.

Create a great shortlink for it and send that as fancily as you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would appear that the OP agrees with that assessment. It's the client that is going to need some convincing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An argument here might be that the difference between a standalone, local document and a remote/cloud based one is almost nil these days. So it's a ton of effort to send around a large file that might not work well (and thus fail in its marketing message), or use a web-based document — which does not have to look like or respond as if it's a "web page" — and send a link to get a nearly perfect result for all viewers.

Or, you know, mail a cassette. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines