• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

code QR avec logo

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je veux insérer un logo dans un code QR. On fait référence à Illustrator, Photoshop ou InDesign. Ça se fait on en voit un peu partout, mais l'option AIDE de ces applis n'a aucune information à ce sujet. Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QR codes with logos appear to be done in two ways: with a proprietary code generator that creates valid encoding only outside a center area, or by encoding a standard QR code with a high error correction factor, and simply "damaging" the code by neatly deleting as little of the center area as possible.

The QR code industry being what it is, the proprietary generators are closely held and available only by contracting with a service that has one, and that in turn often means using their pay-service tracking or metered redirection.

You can try creating your own logo codes using InDesign's generator, but you will have to experiment with how much of the center pattern you can erase without losing read reliability. (One hint: erase the dots neatly and in an increasing circular pattern.) Since the InDesign generator has a fixed error correction level (second-lowest of four, if I recall correctly), it may be useful to find another generator that allows turning up the EC level to the highest setting... but then it's a matter of finding a generator that does not add tracking info, scrape data or bind you to a pay-per-click model.

You may find this useful, in general: http://www.nitrosyncretic.com/DPR/dpr_qrcodes.php

The industry could use a good, general-purpose, secure, local-function QR code generator (as well as a raw decryptor for troubleshooting and analysis), one that allows setting things like the EC level and includes subroutines for blanking out a center area... but as with so many things on the Wonderful World of Weaponization, hypercapitalism drives all players to find some way to squeeze money out of the concept over all other concerns. Until then, we have a limited half of a solution in making the best of InDesign's feature.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been meaning to experiment with this for some time. With a relatively simple (low-data) URL, this was as much of the code as I was able to blank out and still get a reliable scan from two readers. It's probable that the "logo" could be enlarged, by one or two rows of pixels, by selective positioning on the code.

JamesGiffordNitroPress_0-1713900320680.png

A higher EC setting, which ID does not allow, would probably allow a significantly larger 'logo' area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for giggles, I found a reasonably good code generator that allowed me to set the error correction (to Maximum). It does allow a slightly larger 'logo' but it was fussy about the exact size, setting the image in from adjacent pixels, etc.

JamesGiffordNitroPress_0-1713915003359.png

That web-based generator also allowed me to upload a logo but I didn't experiment with the feature. Not sure which method it might use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to James' answer and link to his thorough article on the piece, I can add the following.

My workplace uses the TEC-IT Barcode Studio application to generate barcodes en-masse, including QR codes that require that extra "something".

I also note that Adobe Express can make QR codes with the feature of semi rounded or fully rounded elements instead of just squares, but can only export that as PNG. However, this hasn't been rolled out to InDesign's QR code features.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, my assumption is that in answer to questions like this, there's always a commercial solution, like In5 or any of many barcode generators. OPs are usually looking for free/cheap/one-off/OMG I have this project, and... 🙂

That looks like a reasonable solution, though, at $200 for one user. Most such tools are expensive, subscription, large-scale only... I might snag the trial and see what its capabilities are.

Still room for a good free app that does it all and doesn't have a million sticky strings. Maybe one day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines