• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors are darker in preview but the export comes out fine.

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody.

I have been using InDesign for about 3 months now and a few weeks back i started noticing a problem with it. When i import an image in it, the colors of that image appear to be much darker than the actual one. the same applies to any of the shapes or the colors i use. but when i export it, the colors look as they were and everything is fine. I presume this is a problem with InDesign's viewer and hence i uninstalled it and re-installed it about 3-4 times but the issue still persists. the same applies with my Acrobat X too. The pdfs are much darker and contrasty in color. I have tried to adjust everything in the color management tab by going to preferences but no luck. nothing is changing. I have attached an imgur link where you can see what issue i am facing. Thanks a lot for your help.

I have also tried to play with Document CMYK and Document RGB but still faced an issue.

InDesign is crucial for my uni work as i'll be designing stuff for the uni and it's magazine. Please help me out.

https://imgur.com/a/TvWrSb5

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

I presume this is a problem with InDesign's viewer and hence i uninstalled it and re-installed it about 3-4 times but the issue still persists. the same applies with my Acrobat X too. 

When you save your placed images make sure you include its color profile. If you select an image in InDesign, the Link Info panel will show its embedded profile—if there is no profile the panel will list the profile as either Document RGB or Document CMYK.

Screen Shot.png

Screen Shot 1.png

If the PDF export is for print output use th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I presume this is a problem with InDesign's viewer and hence i uninstalled it and re-installed it about 3-4 times but the issue still persists. the same applies with my Acrobat X too. 

When you save your placed images make sure you include its color profile. If you select an image in InDesign, the Link Info panel will show its embedded profile—if there is no profile the panel will list the profile as either Document RGB or Document CMYK.

Screen Shot.png

Screen Shot 1.png

If the PDF export is for print output use the PDF/X-4 preset and check the PDF in AcrobatPro (not IrfanView). If the destination is only for web or screens, convert the PDF to sRGB on export—set the Output tab’s Destination to sRGB:

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines