Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour of pictures change when placing illustrator image into InD document

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have created illustrator files with CYMK color but when I place these into an Indesign document or save them to PDF from illustrator, the colours change.

I have attached pics of illustrator file and Indesign screen. Indesign colour is also CYMK.

I am using iMac 2018 and latest CC Adobe applications.

illustrator colour.jpgInD colour.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Darin

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more information about your workflow, the first thing to do is check and make sure your Color Settings are sync'ed across your apps (use Bridge to sync). If any of your apps are different than what you've set in Bridge, that could cause your issue. If they ARE different, and you can't get them to stick after you've reset them, you might be a victim of a recent bug in the suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

I have synced the colours in Bridge and checked that each app says color synched. However, the colours have not changed. 

Can I do anything about this bug or just wait until the next update? I also noticed that even when I export the document from illustrator and save it as a PDF, the colour in the PDF is pale and not the same as that shown on screen in illustrator. Is this the same bug issue?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have synced the colours in Bridge and checked that each app says color synched. However, the colours have not changed. 

Sync’ing your Color Settings normally would have no affect on an existing document’s color mangement or preview. The document’s assigned color profiles (which can be different than the Color Settings’ Working Spaces) and the placed asset’s embedded profiles (which can also be different) handle the color management.

In both apps choose Edit >Assign Profiles..., if the profiles are not the same, and you did not embed the profile when you saved the Illustrator file, there would be a color mismatch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, make sure the image you placed in Illustrator has an embedded profile. Select the image and check the Links panel. If there is an embedded profile it will be listed in parenthesis with the Color Space:

Screen Shot 9.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have used CMYK colour.

But is your Illustrator document in CMYK or RGB mode? 

If it was originally in RGB and you changed it to CMYK - your swatches don't automatically change, they'll still use RGB values, and those are converted to CMYK. 

Make sure your Illustrator file was originally CMYK - and make sure your swatches are all CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines