• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comment indiquer un chemin relatif pour une image dans Indesign ?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je travaille sur Indesign 19.3 et j'aimerais pourvoir indiquer des chemins relatifs pour les images de certains fichiers que je partage avec une autre personne.

Je n'ai pas trouvé le moyen de le faire. 🤔

Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider ?

Merci et bonne journée

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

The only ways to share a project are to use the same fileset from a shared location, or to package the project and transfer it back and forth.

There is, to the best of my knowledge, no way to make any component file locations relative. I'm not even sure simply keeping them in the same folder (e.g. with no path at all) will work for linking. The package/unpack process is needed to keep everything in sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

If @James Gifford—NitroPress  is correct and you mean sharing a file path with another user, you could store the graphics in a shared Creative Cloud library. Then all those users who share the same library will have access to it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/collaboration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading your posting in Microsoft Translator because i don't read/speak French so perhaps this is a translation problem.

What you you mean by "specify relative paths" for images? Can you please describe or incude a picture of what you're trying to do, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only ways to share a project are to use the same fileset from a shared location, or to package the project and transfer it back and forth.

There is, to the best of my knowledge, no way to make any component file locations relative. I'm not even sure simply keeping them in the same folder (e.g. with no path at all) will work for linking. The package/unpack process is needed to keep everything in sync.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If @James Gifford—NitroPress  is correct and you mean sharing a file path with another user, you could store the graphics in a shared Creative Cloud library. Then all those users who share the same library will have access to it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/collaboration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot James. I'll test to package the project and although to put my images on Dropbox as @Steve Werner sugested it.

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't found a way to do it.

Hi @Sandrine17294784xlqh , you could do it with a file sync’ing service like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.—Adobe has announced the end of life for its Creative Cloud Files file sync’ing service, so you will have to somehow integrate a CCLibrary, or use a 3rd party service.

With my Dropbox account I can right click a folder and invite another user to sync, and when the invitation is accepted the folder contents will sync to that user’s machine and any linked files to an ID file inside of their sync’d folder will be listed as Normal. Other file syncing services generally work the same way.

Screen Shot 21.png

Screen Shot 20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank's @rob day I'll do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sandrine17294784xlqh 

You are not saying what platform you are on - PC or Mac - so I'll say how it's best to do it on a PC - you could probably do something similar on Mac platform.

If you use syncing service to store / share your files - your file path will most likely will have your "name" somewhere in the middle.

On a PC, you can map your folder to some drive letter - and have for example "W:\" instead of "C:\Users\Robinet\OneDrive\Documents".

If everyone you will be sharing your files with will do the same - InDesgn will see your files as located at "W:\".

It's a workaround - but it's the best option even when working with severs - you can move to a new server - new IP / domain / name - access from different machines - even over VPN - but as long as you map your network location to the same drive letter - you are safe from InDesign reporting missing / requiring update links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Dropbox to collaborate via syncing the linking is automatic—as long as I include the links in the shared folder their Status will be OK because the invited users’ Dropbox folders becomes the root.

Here’s an example where I’m syncing between two computers on my network—neither user has to do anything to keep the link Status OK because the path is to the designated root Dropbox folder on every save:

User 1:

Screen Shot 22.png

User 2:

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 4.27.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only things I can add when sharing via a cloud service like Dropbox or OneDrive is to make sure that cloud only settings for file syncing is turned off so that all files are available locally.

If sharing cross-platform it's also very important to avoid the use of illegal characters in file names. 

Finally and FWIW, I have never seen an issue where drive mapping was needed in this kind of workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines