• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy Hyperlinked elements from one document to another?

Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asked to make extensive updates to an InDesign (15.1.3) document, on a Catalina Mac. The document was originally created by someone else. Unbeknownst to me, another version of the document existed; this one has interactive icons, and this version was used to make an interactive PDF. It would be much easier for me to simply make a copy of the one I edited and add the interactive icons, rather than make all the tweaky little changes to the existing interactive document. However, I found I cannot copy the interactive icons and paste them into the updated document--InDesign indicates a "serious error" and crashes. Any way to do this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Thanks for the verification that it's not just me doing something wrong. I ended up recreating the hyperlinks in the second document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not really. And yes, I have tried copy n pasting interactive hyperlink bits and it causes much crash confusion. It is pretty alarming to see!

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the verification that it's not just me doing something wrong. I ended up recreating the hyperlinks in the second document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines