Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when updating or creating review

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I found some old community posts about my problem but there were no solutions found. So here I go again...

InDesign crashes when I update or create a review. It takes about 10 seconds until the "InDesign has crashed" window opens. The review has not been created or updated. This seems to be different than the problems other users mentioned. In their cases the review was updated although InDesign crashed.

I already tried reinstalling InDesing -> no changes in the behaviour.

I also added a screenshot of the error to this post. (it´s in German)

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thank y'all in advance!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to definitely take a look at it and also the other thing you want
to be looking at as well I just been busy had a death in the family but I
need to try something to get this off my mind for a little while so give me
some time I jump on that for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Niklas5ECB Hi, are you still experiencing this problem? I have had trouble with the Share for Review feature in the past but tested it just now and it's working properly for me. Are you crashing with any document you try to share or just this one? If it's just the one, you could try saving it as an .idml file, open that, and then resave as an .indd and try again. If it is happening on any document you try to share, it might have to do with your default browser set up or how you are connecting to the Adobe https://assets.adobe.com server. I changed my default browser to Edge (don't laugh, it actually seems to work for everything these days and it isn't a memory hog) and haven't had trouble since. Can you share your version and OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @J E L ,

thanks for your quick answer!

I´m currently working on two documents. Both have about 100 pages but not too many graphics. The review function worked perfectly for a few weeks but since four weeks it´s crashing every time...

I also tried it with Edge and Chrome as my default browser. It didnt got any better

Current version is 16.3 x64 on Windows 10 (version 10.0.19043)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Niklas5ECB Okay. Not sure what is going on. Can you create a new one page document, fill it with placeholder text and see if that will share, just as an elimination process? 16.3 for Windows is a limited release and it's not available to me yet here in the US so I can't test that for you. Is it possible for you to roll back to 16.2.1? Review is working okay for me with that version. Also, after the program crashes, is there any error or crash log generated that you can share? Hoping this can get fixed for you soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines