• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Datamerge dienst support eps (Illustrator)?

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A month ago I did a datamerge with a txt file and Barcodes in EPS. Worked wel for the COVID mailing.

Now I do exactly the same, but it didn't work anymore...? Tryed several file extentions, but I was so desporate, that I had to do it with Affinity Publisher. Worked in 15 minutes. Adobe I was puzzeling more than 3 hours and didn't get any results. I do this very often, but this time I was really sad about it...

Anybody experiances with this issue. I think since the update....

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

A record can have a blank or empty cell, and should not cause an issue.

One problem that happens is the conversion of data (from excel) to comma-deliminated or tab-deliminated source for the merge. Everything from a rogue comma pushing information to the wrong cell, to the encoding of the export file can all have bearing on the outcome.

Unfortunately in an Indesign data merge workflow, all things need to be perfect. Close enough, may not be good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, title is: Datamerge doen't support....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EPS will work in a datamerge.

In the data source, did you include "@" in the name of the barcode header?

When reusing a data merge template, if there are columns that were named differently from original data, this could prevent the data merge from working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the '@' yeah, I'am looking where it went wrong, but... as I told I uses it frequently, I'am at home now and will make a set-up, fress from the beginning. I'll let you know, but it's strange....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now it worked in one way to the end, but... Now I know that there is some code in the txt file what I can't see, because I had one txt file with the same text in it than another txt file. One worked and the other didn't. 

Okay, so I allways make my Exel document as ready as posibble, but I think that the problem is that you don't may have a column or a row in the exported Excel that doesn't contain any value. I can only imagine that that was the problem.

Correct me if I'am wrong...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A record can have a blank or empty cell, and should not cause an issue.

One problem that happens is the conversion of data (from excel) to comma-deliminated or tab-deliminated source for the merge. Everything from a rogue comma pushing information to the wrong cell, to the encoding of the export file can all have bearing on the outcome.

Unfortunately in an Indesign data merge workflow, all things need to be perfect. Close enough, may not be good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines