• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dumb question: How can I get InDesign to fill my screen?

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community!

I have a dumb question: how can I get my InDesign window in full screen - every time, I boot the program? Sometimes, when I boot the program on my mac, the program window fills the full screen, just as I want it to do. But when I boot the mac and program the next day, with no reason, the program dont fill my screen. 

I have this problem just with InDesign, no other Program of CS does so. I dont use the programs on different devices, just one mac. 

I post two screenshots, for explanation. 

Thanks a lot in advance for any advices!

Susanne

This is how it should look like

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-25 um 09.16.53.png

This is how it is...

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-25 um 09.16.33.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Hey Susanne

First close InDesign with cmd + Q and open InDesign again, but do not open any document. Then, while holding down the alt key, click on the green sign at the top left - InDesign should now fill your entire screen. Close InDesign again with cmd + Q and open it again - it should be correct.

Did this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn on the Application Frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bob!

Sorry, I am afraid, I dont understand your reply...

I know, that I may modify the size of the frame on my desktop, but why it went back to the smaller size, everytime I restart the program?

Greetings from Susanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Mac here, but IIRC, it's Window > Application Frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bob!

The application frame is active, I always work with ist. Neverthless, the application does not fit on my desktop as shown on the screenshots in my first post, it is always to small and I dont know, how to fix this. 

I may do it every time by hand, but I am searching for an automatical way, that the whole desktop is filled with my InDesing-application frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Susanne

First close InDesign with cmd + Q and open InDesign again, but do not open any document. Then, while holding down the alt key, click on the green sign at the top left - InDesign should now fill your entire screen. Close InDesign again with cmd + Q and open it again - it should be correct.

Did this work?

---
Noel Bürgler | Adobe Community – Helping InDesign-Users | MacBook Pro 15", macOS Big Sur 11.2 Beta, InDesign 16.0.2
---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Noël!

This worked well! As I said in my first post, "dumb question"... Thank you for helping. 🙂

Best wishes, 

Susanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines