• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effect InDesign also alters background

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, when I apply an effect like multiply on an object (type converted in paths) it effects the background as well. The background then becomes less colorintense.

Is this an issue with my settings and can I disable that?

I attached two pictures to illustrate the issue. 

Thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Anika:

A friend of my reported me that a blue colored rectangle changed slightly its color when she dragged it from one page to another. It seems that the second page had photos in another color space, so indesign adjusted the RGB blue of the rectangle to the CMYK color space of the page because that was the pictures color space.

So is possible that this behaviour is just a screen issue. Compare the result when printing or exporting to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! That really seems to be the issue. I somehow never noticed that before. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When there is any transparency on a spread the chosen Transparency Blend Space is used to preview the entire spread. If it is CMYK the page preview shows the expected output to your document’s assigned CMYK profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks also to you! Now I know 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines