• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded Indesign files in Indesign interactivity

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating Indesign layouts that have interactivity (hyperlinks: and mailto:) when I embed that Indesign file into another Indesign Document that i have compiled other Indesign files. When I create an interactive PDF from that compiled document the Interactivity doesn't work. I there a fix for this issue? Or do I have to continue to make separate Interactive PDFs and combine them in Acrobat? Help Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When placing an Indesign document (with interactive elements) into second ID doc, the interactivity of first doc will be lost when exporting to PDF from second doc. A workaround would be to copy paste elements from one ID doc to the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[...] Or do I have to continue to make separate Interactive PDFs and combine them in Acrobat? Help Thanks

By @chipboeckhQCA

If you place WHOLE pages - then you should use Book feature.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/indesign/using/creating-book-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines