• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPUB export issue: text gradient dropped

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the children's book I'm putting together, all of the story titles are text with a 3-color gradient. As I work to get this ready as an eBook, I'm running into an issue. When I export as EPUB (fixed layout), format Automatic (I've also tried GIF, JPG and PNG) at 300 ppi, I get the following error message:

"The gradient applied to the text has been dropped."

How can I solve this?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

How are you converting it? Choose Rasterize Container if you weren’t doing so already.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gradients on text are not supported. You can work around it by converting it to a PNG on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting it to a PNG through the EPUB export function? I got the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you converting it? Choose Rasterize Container if you weren’t doing so already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see! Rasterize Container for each text option. Perfect - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have to export an ePub with gradient in text,

Choose Rasterize Container ???

Please could you explain me how to do it ???

Thank you 

The index is interactive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob:

I'm facing the same issue.  I have an EPUB that was created by another InDesign artist whereevery piece of text that has gradients applied has been converted to PNG in a fixed format EPUB.  Using the same source files, I am unable to get the Fixed Format EPUB to rasterize the graident text.  I've selected the entire document and chosen Object> Export Options . . .  and set it to Ratserize Container, which as far as I can tell changed the setting for every object.  But I continue to get the error, "The gradient applied to the text has been dropped."  Can you give a little more detail in how you are able to export gradient text as rasterized in a Fixed Format EPUB?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing's changed as far as how to do it. This thread is pretty old and I haven't needed to do this almost five years.

But from what I remember, I had to move that text to its own frame and set that frame to rasterize into a PNG on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I'll try moving the text to a frame and see if that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines