• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 16 while trying to publish online

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 100+ page document I have published successfully a long time ago and I have uploaded new versions to the document many times now, but just a couple of days ago I started getting this error, which does not let me publish anymore. I can upload other documents just fine. Indesign doesn't give me any indication that links would be broken or files missing. What can I do?

I searched through the community boards and none of the previous suggestions have helped.

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

I uploaded the fiel with "Download as PDF" option disabled and it works. Hoping for a fix to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error 38 this morning - it shares for review but not for Publish online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I packaged the whole document into a new folder and uploaded that and it worked. Still no idea why it happened in the first place, but hopefully this solution will help someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded the fiel with "Download as PDF" option disabled and it works. Hoping for a fix to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - large document - 122 pages, over 350 images and have used Publish Online several times with this document already, but now keep getting error 16. Trying the suggestion below re checking off download as PDF and hopefully that works. 

I would love to see an option on there that allows me to choose the file size of the PDF that's being sent up for review - they don't have to be high quality huge files. Should have the same options as when your Exporting as PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked.....so much faster with not checking allow PDF download - like 5x faster!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines