• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Indesign to JPG generates yellow horizontal lines in image

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens? Al of a sudden I get yellow lines in all my image exports (PNG / JPG)... When giving it more pixels/inch the lines change position and are less wide.

Banner-1152x300-v01.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v16.2.1 to get this fixed.
Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/43234287

Regards,
Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you please share a page in INDD file (package) to try to repeat an issue?

Looks like some interferention, and on the central image they are rather blurred then yellow, so it's difficult to say more without looking at the working file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response! See files with a test-page. As you can see, the issue also occurs with different linked images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for a moment I can't repeat an issue

Test-1152x300_333.jpg

Could you also add the screenshot with an Export settings (e.g. for JPG)?
and some system info: OS and InDesign versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this sufficient?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, thanks.Settings are good so I suspect this is the bug of InDesign-MacOS interaction. Declare it as bug here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna,

I suspect that you do not use InDesign version 16.2.0.30.

Cannot test all this because I was not part of the first phase of the release roll-out and never had access to 16.2.0.30. The OP's document clearly is a 16.2.0.30 version one.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  am experiencing the problem if i create a 150dpi jpg from a document that's 10percent of the original size. The graphic size is 5486x1151mm  - so the document size is 548,6x115,1mm. The images are heavy. Before my update today I no yellowlines in my jpg, but today I have...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since the update this morning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem, only for Jpg and png.

adv energy_DEF.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with exporting jpg images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem too. Yellow lines on all the photos I export in JPG. It happen since yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. 
@Interactivez Thank you for reporting it on Adobe InDesign UserVoice. Product team is reviewing this right now.

I'd request all users having similar issue to upvote & add their comment on this UserVoice post to stay updated on this issue. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too! I've had every .jpeg come out this way - it's not an MAC OS issue, I'm working from Windows 10. Happens when the image file is embedded and linked.

export.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All computers in our office are doing the same thing when exporting since the update. Jpeg leaves multiple lines, PNG leaves a yellow line across ethe bottom of every image. Very inconvient...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. WTF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try this JPEG Export script, which exports via PDF:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/ca875a61-546a-416e-6475-ab3f3c29c717

The dialog:

jpgexp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I urgently need to export a batch of thumbnails from InDesign to 110px square jpegs. I would use your script Rob if I could figure how how ... I tried loading it in Photoshop ... what do I need to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sal_belle,

install and run the script from InDesign.

Installing an ExtendScript script for InDesign:

https://www.indiscripts.com/pages/help#hd0sb2

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response! I followed the instructions (sorry had misunderstood and thought PhotoShop was the workaround), installed the InDesign script, ran the script, but got an error message:

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 6.26.33 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 6.27.20 pm.png

The target folder was just a folder on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sal_belle , the target error is referring to Photoshop—the script uses Photoshop to create the JPEG. Try this version of the script and see if will launch Photoshop:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/2a8c9d2e-18b9-42f3-7715-f7bc39d747bf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What versions of InDesign and Photoshop are you using? Does the script work if you have both Photoshop and InDesign running before you run the script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob

Photoshop 22.3.1

Indesign 16.2

Do I need both open? I tried with both open – still getting the same error message. Shall I do a full computer restart?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still getting the same error message

Are you getting the error with the alternate script I posted above—ExportJPEGV2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines