• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported PDF Page Information Being Cut-Off Cut-Off

Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that when I create printable PDFs with InDesign CC v15.1.2, the page information that InDesign places outside of the trim area is often cut-off, especially on smaller jobs. This has been a problem for as long as I can remember. There seems to be an adequate amount of space for this information. Please see the included image.

Is this a setting or a bug?

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 7.38.18 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Hi kcrossley,

I would uncheck this option.

Instead, I would create a custom sized slug area with Document Setup and provide the information with InDesign text variables. Name of the document, date and page number should be no problem.

Don't know what you expect additionally in the slug.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Increase the size of the bleed and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Bob. I increased it to a ridiculous 1/2" and it didn't make a difference. Hopefully, somebody from Adobe will see this thread and chime in because it's really annoying. Plus, it makes me look unprofessional whenever I send a file to my printer or a client. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any other ideas? How do I contact Adobe to report a bug or find out if they can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kcrossley,

I would uncheck this option.

Instead, I would create a custom sized slug area with Document Setup and provide the information with InDesign text variables. Name of the document, date and page number should be no problem.

Don't know what you expect additionally in the slug.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you create the PDF? Via export or via print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe PDF Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I shouldn't have to do any additional work to add job information to the artwork. This is already built-in to InDesign. Adobe just needs to implement it properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How do I contact Adobe to report a bug or find out if they can help?"

You could write a feature request at Adobe InDesign UserVoice and advertise it:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and it would be too cumbersome to add additional slug area for this information. Any word from Adobe as this post is almost a year old?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MaryinSC,

why too cumbersome? This is set up in less than ten minutes.

And for the next project it's just a matter of copy and paste…

FWIW: I cannot think that a feature request ( or bug report ) like that has any high priority in InDesign development.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

It is cumbersome when you're doing hundreds of files. Less than 10 minutes mulitplied times 100. I realize it's easy, but it's time consuming when multipied for so many projects. And it's a bug report. Was just checking to see if it might have been fixed by now. In the 20+ years I've used Adobe Creative Products, they're usually good about fixing bugs on their current features, as customer satisfaction is their highest priority. 
Thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I include Bleed marks as well as Crop marks it seems to work:

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines