Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Exporting/Printing Character and Paragraph Styles List

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched for a simple answer to this, or at least an active script to install with little success. CreativePro had an article answering this issue, but it was for much older vs. of ID in addition, the scripts are outdated, or no longer available to download. 

Issue: I have many styles I need to create a Style Guide/User guide for other future users. And before you say, "they can download them, import them from the cloud..." not so in my case. As these users are not Cloud/network connected. We have dedicated systems for internal use only. 

Can anyone please offer a solution, script... solution? Thank you my community of most talented designers. 

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the link for the Creative Pro Network article? Do you know who wrote the script?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm afraid I don't know who wrote the script, but this is the original article... https://creativepro.com/print-out-style-sheet-specs/  and there were a few others I tried tracking down as well as some old forums, but I would get a 404. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SusanL I was able to download the .zip file based on this link TextStylesReporterCS2 from the archived site and extract it locally on my computer. There are .inds and .jsx files included but I can't attach those file formats here. The PDF that was included is attached though. I can put the other files in a Dropbox folder for direct download if you like. They might be helpful as a starting point for someone in updating the script? Let me know if that would be of any help!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will look this over. I can't access dropbox, on my work (pain-n-the-butt) machine. Let me see if I can figure this out though. Thank you for taking the time to reply and troubleshoot as well.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem. Here is the .jsx file as a .txt file. Just change the extension back to .jsx when needed. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines