• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper Tool

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the eyedropper tool, text disappears when clicked on. The type is not white, it is there but has no attributes. This happens on projects with Paragraph Styles only. I had an Adobe rep takeover my screen and he could not figure it out, after a couple of hours he gave up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

@billvia and @Pam Swanson:

This will happen when there is a frame overlapping the text you are trying to sample from.

eyedropper.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Hi @billvia:

If this is a new issue, have you rebuilt preferences/cache?

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

If it will isn't working would you like to share a page of your file?

And I have to ask, if you are using paragraph styles, why are you using the Eyedropper? Why not just assign the paragarph style? The eyedropper is often used by people who don't know how do use styles.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Some days it works and some days it doesn't. I have never figured it out.

Interested if you find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@billvia and @Pam Swanson:

This will happen when there is a frame overlapping the text you are trying to sample from.

eyedropper.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but not the problem. This is only one text box on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @billvia:

If this is a new issue, have you rebuilt preferences/cache?

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

If it will isn't working would you like to share a page of your file?

And I have to ask, if you are using paragraph styles, why are you using the Eyedropper? Why not just assign the paragarph style? The eyedropper is often used by people who don't know how do use styles.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's interesting Barb, I'd forgotten about the eyedropper tool and rediscovered it the other day – I guess it's because I always use Paragraph (and Character) Styles!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines