• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failure to launch | InDesign

Participant ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using InDesign for many years. Never any problems. Today at approx. 1pm Australian EST InDesign simply stopped launching. I click the launch icon and it bounces one, the intro screen flashes up for a moment. Then that's it. No launch. I have relogged into Creative Cloud. I have uninstalled InDesign and reinstalled. Nothing.

I am on a Mac Studio M1 Max 32GB running 13.2.1.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Tiff

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

If you're running InDesign 18.5, then it appears that many users experience the same issue (judging by the amount of similar posts on the forum).

First, update to macOS 13.5. It solved the issue for some users.

If it doesn't help, then users recommend to install an earlier version - preferably 18.3. You can do it from the Creative Cloud app:

leor_0-1692162433134.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe InDesign 2023, latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're running InDesign 18.5, then it appears that many users experience the same issue (judging by the amount of similar posts on the forum).

First, update to macOS 13.5. It solved the issue for some users.

If it doesn't help, then users recommend to install an earlier version - preferably 18.3. You can do it from the Creative Cloud app:

leor_0-1692162433134.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your response. I tried George's solution (see below) and it the app launched! If I have any further issues I will try your solution. Have a great day! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: George's solution didn't work once I quit out of InDesign and restarted it again. So I will try your solution now. Thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled latest version, installed previous version. Working fine. Thank you!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you decide to install a previous versionas suggested by @leo.r  then you can refer to the following article on how to do it

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your response. I tried George's solution (see below) and it the app launched! If I have any further issues I will try your solution. Have a great day  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: George's solution didn't work once I quit out of InDesign and restarted it again. So I will try your solution now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstalled latest version, installed previous version. Working fine. Thanks! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try InDesign factory reset? 

1. Windows: Start InDesign, and then press immediately Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George that worked! Thank you so much! Have a great day!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Actually that didn't work George. As soon as I quit out of the app and restart it again the same thing happens. Cheers Tiff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines