• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find change by list script to apply character style

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to scripting but have been using the FindChangebyList script with "tags" in manuscripts to automate paragraph style application like so:

text {findWhat:"[p1]"} {changeTo:" ", appliedParagraphStyle: "p1"} {includeFootnotes:true, includeMasterPages:true, includeHiddenLayers:true, wholeWord:false}

This works great, but I want to code different kinds of italics [emphasis, citation, language] in my file for acessibility purposes. I usually perform a simple find/change grep to change all local italics to an italic character style. But I want to be able to code specific kinds of italics directly into the manuscript as I have done for paragraph styles. For instance, if the manuscript refers to a book, I want to use [c] (or something like this) beside the word or phrase I want to apply a "citation" character style to. So a manuscript might have a paragraph that looks like this:

[p1] The novel [c]Moby [c]Dick is about a whale. It is written by Herman Melville...

Is there a way to code for this in the FindChangeList.txt support file? Or is there a better way to use in-text [tags] to apply character styles?

TOPICS
EPUB , Print , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?