• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find/Change constantly crashing app

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else encountering this? As of the last ID 2020 version, and still now with the newest 2021 ID, quite often when I simply use Find/Change, enter a search term, and click Find Next, InDesign crashes. I've had this happen with several different documents, and it seems once it happens, it will continue happening every time.

Also, on the next launch of ID after the crash, it tries to auto-recover, fails, and crashes AGAIN. On the third launch, it will display the error that it was not able to open the recovery document, and prompts me to try again or not. If I choose No, the app will launch. This behavior is consistent after the intial crash.

Fortunately, my indd files have all been OK when I open the last saved file (at least I hope they don't have problems I have not discovered yet!) This is extremely frustrating, and it is greatly impacting my work. I've even had to resort to exporting my indd's to PDF just to do a Find for needed searches, and then manually make my fixes in the indd!

I've sent Adobe dozens of crash reports. If anyone has any suggestions of the cause, please let me know!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines