• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo. I have done a magazine in 90 pages. Today when I would finished it and sent it away for the printing all sizes went wrong. It says that 28 fonts in my dokument is not available. What does it mean and what shall I do?????How can I get my fonts back???

/Brith104733378_264426237992953_5393844773203935761_n.jpg

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Cool. So we've got some more info to work with here.

1) Since you're on a Windows system, and it sounds like the same Windows system, you've likely got those fonts on your system. So confirming you do have the fonts should be easy:

• Open File Explorer
  • Navigate your way to [System Drive]:\Windows\Fonts
  • Use the Search Fonts edit box in the upper right to confirm you actually have the fonts available

2) Once you've confirmed you have all those fonts, just match up and update the problem alerts i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to try and help, but we need to get more information from you:

• Did you build your magazine with InDesign on a Windows system? On a Mac? Both?
  • Are you using any font management utilities to turn fonts on/off for your system? Or are they all installed in a fonts folder on your system(s) and all on, all the time?
  • Have you only seen this alert as you packaged the InDesign file(s) for your printer? Or have you had any alerts about missing fonts before this point?
  • And, as an aside, are you seeing this alert on your system? Or is your printer sharing screen captures from what they're seeing on their systems?

Answers to these questions will help us help you find what the problem is, and (hopefully) steer you toward a useful solution.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hei!

1: Windows

2:They are all installed in a fonts folder and and on all the time.

3. I havn´t packaged it yet. Should do so later today. I have seen any alerts about missing fonts once when I copyed a rapport from a newspaper.

4.Sorry, don´t understand

/Brith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the font manager your computer came with you may not know of font corruption, the font manager your computer came with is not meant to be used in desktop publishing environments where you have to activate many different fonts that come in different types, ex: postscript, TT, and Opentype... so on. Next, how do you know those fonts are healthy? Where you download them from? a professional font manager will not let you put something bad in it.

I recommend you switch to a professional font manager like font explorer or suitcase fusion, this last is what I used. I work in publishing; layout magazines and other long documents with lots of different brand fonts.

for this tripe of work..... you should be using a professional font manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. So we've got some more info to work with here.

1) Since you're on a Windows system, and it sounds like the same Windows system, you've likely got those fonts on your system. So confirming you do have the fonts should be easy:

• Open File Explorer
  • Navigate your way to [System Drive]:\Windows\Fonts
  • Use the Search Fonts edit box in the upper right to confirm you actually have the fonts available

2) Once you've confirmed you have all those fonts, just match up and update the problem alerts in your Sök efter teckensnitt panel:

• Select the alerted lines in the Teckensnittsinformation options box one by one, then 
  • In each instance, find and match the listed font in the Teckensnittsfamilj: options box and select the corresponding weight in the Teckensnittsvariant: options box. After the correct association is selected, click the Ersätt alla button to replace all incidence of the selected font in the file(s)
  • Repeat the process until all the yellow alert icons are gone

3) Once you get rid of all the alert icons, click the Stäng button, then select the File>Save menu command for each file.

This should get you past the issue.

Good luck,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use Package or did you just only copy the document itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have them. I wouldn't panic much yet.

You have Minion Pro, for example. That OpenType font was included in a number of Adobe CC applications. If your font report looks just like merriness' it indicates that the Minion Pro font is installed on the system. Just click on each missing font, match it up with its equivalent in the Ersätt med: edit boxes.

Sometimes it just blows the links and you have to re-connect them. 28 times, maybe, but if your case is like the OP's situation, it's just a matter of re-establishing the links.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a topic from 2020, a year old Randy 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines