Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footnotes does not pop-up

Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created an eBook with 400 footnotes. But, after exporting, they don't seem to display as pop-ups in Kindle Previewer. I created another eBook that does show the pop-up footnotes. Both are reflowable eBooks only. I checked all the xhtml codes and they seem similar in both except one eBook gives pop-up footnotes and the other doesn't.

Any idea, what could cause this issue?

Thanks and Regards

Eswari

TOPICS
EPUB , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about to ask in parallel on some Kindle forum? 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confident that it's part of InDesign export issue too. As other books exported footnotes pop-up but this book footnotes doesn't.

Have also checked many Kindle forums and didn't exactly see any solution.

Myself worked on 100s of eBooks with footnotes and never came across this issue.

Thanks and regards

Eswari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you able to post a sample of a document that doesn't work and one that does, in these cases unless there is something obvious ( such as a make it work checkbox, that is not checked) it can be difficult to determine the problem without seeing the documents.

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure.

I have attached sample footnotes for both documents. One is from the working one with pop-ups. Other no pop-up.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/197MWli5p5QqFrOhgmrPWOQI2YTJcm39K?usp=sharing 

Thanks and Regards

Eswari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines