• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Größenangabe von Elementen in InDesign

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, mir ist ein Fehler in InDesign aufgefallen, den ich gerne berichten möchte (Version 19.2)

Wenn ich ein Rechteck mit der Höhe 43 mm habe und es um 10 ° neige wird es laut Anzeige 43,665 mm hoch. Gruppiere ich es mit einem normalen Rechteck mit der Höhe von 43 mm gruppiere, wird es wieder mit 43 mm Höhe angegeben. Optisch ist aber eindeutig, dass sich an der Höhe nichts geändert hat und beide Elemente gleich hoch sind.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stephanie27059601f7zd 

I've moved your post from Creative Cloud Desktop to the InDesign forum for you. The InDesign engineers do not use the Adobe forums for reporting bugs as most of application developers do. Instead they use a platform called UserVoice.

Bugs can be reported here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Stephanie27059601f7zd , Could you clarify how you are getting the rectangle’s  height? The Transform and Info panels are returning the correct Height for me—the Height is always 43mm with any rotation applied:

Screen Shot 13.png

Screen Shot 14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
yes, I will try to explain.

I created two rectangles (see below 35 x 35 mm),
[cid:0069864a-daa0-4096-bd9f-0478ea746bd1]

then I tended one of it 10°.
It doesn`t changed height, but the info changed.

[cid:23d2e30a-675e-47ef-9a49-39d9e97b4077]

Marking up both forms, it tells me the right height.

[cid:b61881ae-fce0-475c-8129-f8cc7d2837d9]

My colleague tested it on his windows pc an got the same results.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Stephanie Kühne

Stephanie Kühne
Marketing
 [PII removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is happening because on a Shear the Height equals the length of the parallelogram’s side. It‘s easier to see on a more exaggerated Shear:

Screen Shot 16.pngScreen Shot 17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rob day 

I'm out of my office now, but can you group these as the OP did?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephanie27059601f7zd_1-1707829473426.png

Stephanie27059601f7zd_0-1707829435598.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Stephanie27059601f7zd

Indeed. I can confirm this behavior. Looks like a bug to me.

EDIT: An example of an exaggerated shear by @rob day demonstrates that it's not a bug but a way to report the height of a skewed object that can appear misleading to the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't a bug, it's a behaviour. May I recommend Marc Autret's explanation over on his Indiscripts website? He goes into great depth and explanation about how this works: https://indiscripts.com/post/2018/06/coordinate-spaces-and-transformations-5

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behaviour or bug (however we call it) doesn't occure in past versions of InDesign. I hope, they fix it in time. It makes the workaround much more complex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behaviour or bug (however we call it) doesn't occure in past versions of InDesign.

I’m working in CC2021 and see the same in CS6:

Screen Shot 19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes the workaround much more complex.

Not sure if it helps, but you can get the selected object’s bounds via scripting, so this:

var b = app.activeDocument.selection[0].geometricBounds;
alert("Height: " + (b[2]-b[0]))

Returns 43:

Screen Shot 20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, that would be helpful. Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately I'm not used to use scripts. I hope I can manage it. 
I will try 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I can manage it.

Can you give an example of what you are trying to do where the shear height measurement becomes a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We use parallelograms in our designs very often and the sizeof  other elements is oriented on them.
Until now, I checked the height and position of the parallelogramm and took them over to the others.
I am aware, that I can change the parallelogram to an object by using the pathfinder, but then it is uncomfortable to switch height or width without changing the tilt.
So here is one of our examples using the forms. Other designs combine pictures, texts and colored areas as well.

Stephanie27059601f7zd_0-1707892872345.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines