• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic glitches InDesign CC

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with Indesign CC for several months on a brand new MacBook Pro, first CC17 and then CC18 and have had no problems. I've also been using PhotoShop and Illustrator without issue. In the last couple week, since I installed the High Sierra OS update I've been experiencing graphic problems while running InDesign. I've attached two example of what's happening below.

I've tried reverting to the older version on CC and I still have the same issues.  I have also tried, under preferences turning off GPU performance. This made the whole program run with lag but I did not have the glitches.

I'm wondering if this is a problem with the computer I'm working on (though it's new), a lack of processing or graphic power, or if it's a compatibility problem to do with the respective new updates and the issue will be resolved in time.

My computer specs:

Comp specs.png

Adobe glitch e3.png

Adobe glitch e2.png

Hope to get some answers!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Turn off GPU performance from the preferences. Vote here:Distorted Text and Graphics in high sierra – Adobe InDesign Feedback

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this your actual solution? Or is this a workaround until a real solution is available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bugs in GPU performance have not been worked out. Workaround: Turn the feature off when it fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make feature requests here where the product managers can see it. We're just users like you who frequent this forum:

Feature Requests/Bug Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

10.13.4 Beta 1 solves the problem …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kristianp83108041  schreef

Hi folks,

10.13.4 Beta 1 solves the problem …

Strange, as this is an Adobe problem and not an Apple problem... so...????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes you think that?

Remember the cursor issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the Beta and – surprise – first time no graphic problems with Indesign in High Sierra!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also could be that it only solves some of the GPU issues. I remember that there was an Apple bug with graphic display for a particular set of GPUs. I suspect that there are also still bugs in Adobe's GPU implementation as well that will still have to be resolved. Time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the Beta and – surprise – first time no graphic problems with Indesign in High Sierra!

To be clear: you were first on 10.13.3, (NOT an earlier version like 10.13.0!) there you had the glitches (we all have) and the exact same glitches went away after installing 10.13.4 beta 1? AND you are sure you still had GPU on in 10.13.4 beta 1 and not CPU?

If so, please confirm and check because we all could benefit from this if it is indeed so. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frans,

I've installed all versions since first High Sierra Package – the cursor disaster was solved with the first update.

The graphic problems were never solved for me, since yesterday, and yes: GPU is on.

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016), Indesign 13.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Installed the 10.13.4 beta here. It did not solve the known GPU rendering for me, still the same problems, overprint, knock out group, .AI files... same display problems. Are you sure you did not forget to set GPU rendering on again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no graphic-problems since 10.13.4 Beta 1 for me in Illustrator or Indesign, no matter GPU-acceleration is on or off.

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016), 1,3 GHz Intel Core m7, 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3, Intel HD Graphics 515 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well. Not seeing it here... I do see 32 bit warnings by the way concerning the Creative Cloud (still not 64 bits it seems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no graphic-problems since 10.13.4 Beta 1 for me in Illustrator or Indesign, no matter GPU-acceleration is on or off.

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016), 1,3 GHz Intel Core m7, 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3, Intel HD Graphics 515 1536 MB

Well, for me nothing has changed, same old GPU rendering glitches, see screenshots below...

Screen_Shot 2018-01-29 om 18.27.26.png

CPU (correct) rendering:

Screen_Shot 2018-01-29 om 18.26.18.png

GPU: wrong rendering, as it always was...

Screen_Shot 2018-01-29 om 18.26.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me – without GPU-Acceleration:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-29 um 18.50.54.png

And with GPU:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-29 um 18.51.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, no: the left image and the circle are grouped, then that group is made into a Knock Out Group!

You can see there is no transparency in the circle and the left image, only the right one 😉

Go ahead, and try the knock out group for yourself, you wll see the same.

But maybe YOUR , different, glitches could be fixed with the beta, maybe... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, one again with Knockout Group …

Here without GPU:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-29 um 20.24.12.png

And with GPU:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-29 um 20.24.31.png

Left part of the circle is noisy … Why ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, now we are getting somewhere: the GPU preview of a knock out group is a documented Adobe bug, has nothing to do with the os version or drivers. Which indeed lets me conclude that, for whatever reason, when you think you are in GPU mode, in fact you are still in CPU..(!).

Can you post a screenshot of the group and the transparency panel, as well as the View menu? Just to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully here the correct screenshots …

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-29 um 22.40.11.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-01-29 um 22.41.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Can you show the Show on CPU / GPU menu? Called GPU / CPU Vorschau, to check what is used? (Not the Hoher Qualitat, as this has nothing to do with GPU/CPU rendering). It should be under View (Ansicht) on top, but in your screenshot it is not there, so I believe you indeed do not use GPU rendering at all...

See also:

Adobe InDesign GPU-Leistungsfunktionsverbesserungen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system detected a compatible GPU …

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-29 um 23.14.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good. Now, can you show the View/Ansicht menu saying ‘GPU Vorschau’ (Important: When you see GPU in the menu you are in fact on CPU, it means you can select GPU. So, when you are in GPU preview, the menu should read CPU Vorschau,it is a switch!) with the Knock Out group, and once as s reenshot with CPU Vorschau and Knock Out Group?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I got it …

GPU/CPU Preview are not available in Indesign but in Illustrator.

First with CPU:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-30 um 08.38.46 (2).png

An the same document with GPU:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-30 um 08.38.39 (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines