• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High CPU usage due to CEPHtmlEngine

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest versions of Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator at the same time. I am having a lot of issues with the CPU running very high and on the task manager I see Adobe CEPHtmlEngine.

Please advise how I can fix this issue.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd recommend following the instructions provided on help https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/high_cpu_usage_cephtmlengine.html and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS?

How much RAM do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7 and have 16GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to upgrade to Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use my CC license on another PC which has Windows 10 and I seem to be getting same problem.

See screenshot below:

unnamed.png

Do you think that upgrading is really going to help the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd recommend following the instructions provided on help https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/high_cpu_usage_cephtmlengine.html and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't help with InDesign2020 (15.0.2). I've followed the directions in the link and it's the same issue: extremely high CPU usage and battery drain. 

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks!

raj

MacBook Pro 16"

32 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. But this doesn't help for me... I tried to do both actions, but the second sugestion doesn't exist😅😅. It says to go to this folder: 

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.app/Contents/Required/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html/

I changed it to:

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2020/Adobe Photoshop 2020.app/Contents/Required/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html/

But in the 'Required' folder isn't a folder called CEP, so I cant go to /CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html/

Any help would be really appreciated!

Pieter Benjamin

The device I'm using is a,

MacBook Pro 15" 2017 

3,1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 560 4 GB &

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, still need help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doens't apply to Adobe 2020. These folder do not exist and I have tried everyway to locate the file but failed. Could you provide an updated solution? This bug is really annoying and drains my laptop. Thank you very much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For adobe 2020, you could try searching in
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Support Files\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now September 2020 and this issue still remains. Constantly not responding in Activity Monitor. In the link you provide as a fix there is no mention of After Effects. at the bottom of the page this is stated 

Note:

Adobe engineering is aware of the issue and plans to address it in a future update.

Please note the date – Last Published: 17 April 2019. That's a year and a half ago. In that 18 months I have paid Adobe £1,062. There are constat issues. I'm sure the Adobe community would greatly apreciate a year where no new features were added to the suite, but the software was made as close to 100% reliable as possible on Windows and macOS. Check YouTube for peoples frustrations with Premier being so unreliable. This is no joke, people are tired of the bugs. Davinci Resolve and Fusion are powerful free software alternatives, the only thing holding me back is the downtime I would need to learn Fusion. There's only so much of the buggy software I can take.

CC2020 better be ready for macOS 11 as I will be upgrading to make full use of Redshift for Cinema 4D, I'm sure Blackmagic will be ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Utterly disgusting, providing links for fixes to cc2015, on top of the money paid every month, the hours ive lost in trying to fix this stupidity and the lost work hours trying to do things that take 10x as long or dont get done, ive started using free online browser apps which do the little things but what a joke that i have to. Feel like invoicing Adobe for my lost work hours but i can imagine that would not get paid, not get a reply, or a post to a fix from 2015 just to infuriate me more.

cc2020 now cc2021 is even worse for illustrator, unuseable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting here as this is an issue for me as well. Running the latest Creative Suite on a brand new Macbook Pro with 32GB of RAM... never had the fan come on so much it's bizarre. C'mon Adobe, get on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my 2019 iMac with 32GB RAM and 500+GB of free HD space to the latest MacOS 11.5.1, updated ID, AI, and PS, peformed the good ol' "fix" https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/high_cpu_usage_cephtmlengine.html and then launched all three apps. My fan went bananas. CEP is unpleased. Seems angrier than usual. Activity monitor screen cap attached. There we more instances, but they wouldn't all fit on my monitor.

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 11.07.04 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

No @Ashutosh_Mishra your solution does not work, as pointed out by many in this thread. How can an answer be marked as correct when the file path it refers to DOES NOT EXIST? At the very least provide a * answer that applies to your current software! (I've just spent the last two days rebuilding a Mac, installed ONLY Adobe CC and find the entire system unusable. Two production days lost – I am a freelancer: no play no play.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt work for me, either.

Im currently using the 2021 apps on win 10, and Ai is barely usable, yet runs literally like 20 instances of  CEP HTML engine at once... 

Seriously, what the heck? I currently try to meet a deadline, but instead, I just spent a whole working day with fixing well known Adobe issues, but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacBook Pro (2017, but with new battery) is strugling with the CPU, the fan going off the rails. This is so anoying. The Activity Monitor sais it is CEPHtmlEngine (1168) that is using all the CPU, and I can see after googeling it that it is a common error that has lasted a long time. I tried to look at the "fix" you provided, but the correct file name is not in the folder (sollution 1) and in the file I should download to replace the files in sollution 2 I can not find the similar named files. Also I run on CC2020-programs as one person points out here, not CC2015 that is described in the fix. I´m running all the latest programs on CC.

3,1 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

What are you doing to address this issue? For people like me that are not too technical this is far to advanced to be dealing with, I can not risk doing something wrong and suddenly loosing my access to the programs etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and have almost the same memory/processor spec as your machine, although mine is little older. I'm running 16GB RAM, 2.9GHz Intel I7.

I often see this when I look in the activity monitor:

Activity Monitor.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this??? It's still a big problem for me ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I also have the same issue, since last February (cannot remember exactly when)

I am running a i7 Dell Precision 5820 machine with 48 GB RAM and Windows 10, latest version.

The Video card is a Nvidia Quadro P2000, latest drivers

When Opening Photoshop, mouse flickers and I cannot access the menu.

Opened 3 tickets but no solutions other than "wait for update" (NVidia it seems)

I am using a workaround: rename the file C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\CEP\CEPHtmlEngine\CEPHtmlEngine.exe, but you will have to repeat it at next Photoshop update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the previous version of InDesign (15.1.1) and no longer have the high CPU usage or crazy fan issue. The CEPHtmlEngine CPU usage is staying around 2.2%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I am also struggling with an overheated CPU, draining my battery down to 2% in power plugg state, when working in InDesign. Already tried the reccomended instructions but unfortunately no improvement.

MacBook Pro, macOS Catalina 10.15.5.

Hope for a speedy fix soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I have the same issue with InDesing 2020 on a new Mac I've just bought.

MacBook Pro, macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

I thought the problem was on the Mac, but I've checked with Apple support and it's not th case.

There is no folder to follow the instructions provided in the help. Does anyone succeeded in solving this?

It is really annoying and makes it almost impossible to work smoothly, while I need to work on InDesing for several hours a day. This is really disappointing.

I've never had this problem with previous versions of InDesign installed on an older Mac...

Thank you very much for any help!

All the best, Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines