Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn this off - "transparency mode"

Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I turn something on. And I don't have any idea, w. In "preview mode" the background becomes gray.  It's good to see, what has transparency, in somehow. It only happens in one specific spread of the document. When exporting the in pdf or png, these pages, comes in white. The document is not corrupted, I have inserted new pages, after the "feature" and paste something old and new, and no dada was missing. Transparency - mode...Transparency - mode...

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

I had no issues exporting the document to IDML. But when I try to open the idml. Indesign crash. It's a Huge document  -- I also did  the reset the preference and clean the caches. 

Right now, I'm folowing a tip, to disable "preflight" and open the document, and.....  - IT WORKS!!!!! Disabling the preflight alow me to open the idml.

I also recorded a video of my screen showing the behavior of the corrupted file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vKQ_zaj158

Cheers

Dandalo Gabrielli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dandalo,

hm. The document is corrupt.

Save the document as IDML file.

Open the IDML file as document and save with a new name.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had no issues exporting the document to IDML. But when I try to open the idml. Indesign crash. It's a Huge document  -- I also did  the reset the preference and clean the caches. 

Right now, I'm folowing a tip, to disable "preflight" and open the document, and.....  - IT WORKS!!!!! Disabling the preflight alow me to open the idml.

I also recorded a video of my screen showing the behavior of the corrupted file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vKQ_zaj158

Cheers

Dandalo Gabrielli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines