• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do we check our conversations as Solved here?

Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe Support Community went to this new UI a few weeks ago, I and others cannot find where to mark conversations as solved.  If we have to post as something other than a "conversation" then where or how do we do that?  

Annoying to say the least.  Excuse the negativity.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Hi Steve,

as far as I know only a moderator can mark a reply as "Correct".

Or persons labeled as "Staff".

Other ACPs or MVPs who have no moderator rights, even the original poster, cannot mark a reply as "Correct".

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a moderator here, but because things are completely new in the forums, I'm still feeling my way along.

As a moderator, in a thread where there are answers we have an option under an answer (shown below in another thread) marked "Correct Answer". If you're the person who originated the question, do you see that in the answers which follow your question? 

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 9.10.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I originated a question, but "Correct Answer" is not an option along the bottom. 

grab.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have clicked "all replies" a few times beating the carpet for a "Correct Answer" link. Never found one. This screen shot is the first for me. This is an important feature to a solutions-based forum, but it is overthought and under developed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If someone makes a nested reply (black Reply button) instead of using the blue Reply button in the original post, you need to click “View all replies” as seen in the screen shot below. Then the controls will then appear for “Like” and “Correct Answer”, etc. There can be more than one correct answer now.

Or ask a moderator to mark it for you and we can help.

~ Jane

9B0B1F51-10CD-4B8B-9649-033F7FDCA4C4.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane. That doesn't seem to be an option (see above reply to Steve). Can you mark my question as answered? Here's the link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/Remove-duplicates-separated-by-commas-GREP-or-Script-help/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Yes, of course — but tell me which one or ones (there can be multiple correct answers now.)

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer by "winterm":

No surprise, since it's based on a given samples. Try this ((\w+ )*\w+, )\1 or this ([^,]+, )\1 Slightly different approach, but result ought to be essentially the same.

and my final post that has it listed as a script:

Final AppleScript based on winterm's GREP. I added the repeat loop and placed it at 12 because 12 is the maximum number of times a color will repeat in my project. If this used as a GREP only ((\w+ )*\w+, )\1, you have to run it multiple times to work.

tell application "Adobe InDesign CC 2019"

repeat 12 times

set find grep preferences to nothing

set change grep preferences to nothing

set find what of find grep preferences to "((\\w+ )*\\w+, )\\1"

set change to of change grep preferences to "$1"

change grep

set find grep preferences to nothing

set change grep preferences to nothing

end repeat

end tell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I'll add this one to my list (already long) of the nonsense of this new forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

as far as I know only a moderator can mark a reply as "Correct".

Or persons labeled as "Staff".

Other ACPs or MVPs who have no moderator rights, even the original poster, cannot mark a reply as "Correct".

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to mark your reply, Uwe, as "Correct." hahahahah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, Vinny, I have another list, much shorter:

What Got Better in this 'New Space'
Every new feature starts out in the hole by 100 points © Eric Gunnerson

1. ?

Honestly, I'm stuck at this point… 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only new feature of any value seems to be we can finally include an attachment, but even that is limited because apparently only the OP can do it with the original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I can add an attachment if I edit an existing post 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least that's good. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for giving you misleading information, @MadMacSS. I've been trying to keep up with the forum changes, but I didn't realize that (unlike the previous forum software) the original poster couldn't mark who gave the correct answer. Doesn't make any sense to me. And I don't remember it being mentioned at either of the forum meetings for moderators and ACPs that I attended. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. I think more than anything, that when a new UI for a forum or anything takes a few steps backward — this definitively has — there will be a drop in interest. There are some real heavyweight scripting aces here, and they've dropped way off as Adobe decided to remove Scripting as a forum. The forum is less-useable, confusing to MIA and just sad to see lose community. Thanks for the note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree re: the scripting forum and the gurus who solved so many problems for people. It's a great loss, but their emails can be found in the main forums for InDesign and Acrobat. I wonder if Adobe understood how valuable those forums are for the community.
|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They understood. That's what was awful about it. There's a tipping point to unilateral changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob said: "Looks like I can add an attachment if I edit an existing post"

Hi Rob,

well, well, but editing an existing post will not trigger a notification email.
Or it will not trigger any sort of notification at all.

So no-one will notice that you edited an existing post if the thread is long enough or you did the edits a couple of days after posting the original.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, all, I'm just seeing this post and would like to gather more information. I'm seeing previous replies that state only community staff can mark posts as correct answers. That is not what we intend - what is supposed to happen is that if you're an author of a post or a moderator of any kind on the community, you can mark a reply as a correct answer. Can those of you who are not seeing options to mark replies as correct answers please reply to me with updated screenshots or screen recordings of a conversation page so I can see what you're seeing?

Thanks,

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what i see at the top, where i think an author of a post would normally be able to sign it as correct .. obviously it's marked as correct because someone from Adobe could.this is what i see at the top, where i think an author of a post would normally be able to sign it as correct .. obviously it's marked as correct because someone from Adobe could.here is the end of the thread, and all other replies look like this.   there is no way for a user to click correct.here is the end of the thread, and all other replies look like this. there is no way for a user to click correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears that users can't mark answers as correct. Only moderators and Adobe employees can.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines