• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to align to guide lines?

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an A4 page divided into eight cells by manually dragging guides from the rulers. These are the teal blue coloured lines.

How can I align my objects to these guides? Smart Guides and the Align and Distribute options only work when aligning objects to the page or to each other. What's the trick for aligning to the guides I've put in place myself?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the View menu choose Grids & Guides > Snap to Guides.CleanShot 2022-09-22 at 23.48.54@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying. I've not had any success with that option.

I specifically want to centre elements between two guides. Even dragging a guide between these two doesn't let me snap an object to that new one. Corel Draw has great functionality in this area but I've never been able to find a way to achieve it in ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines