• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert Acrobat PDF document into a EPUB document?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to convert my novel from the Acrobat PDF to a file for EPUB. I thought I can do it through Acrobat InDesign but am struggling to get it done. Am frustrated at the whole struggle. I need a step by step written instrution on how to do that. Thank you. 

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go back to the original InDesign file and create the ePub from that. Do you want to create a FXL ePub or a Reflowable ePub? It would normally be a Reflowable ePub for a text-heavy document. Briefly, you  need to apply Paragraph (and Character) Styles to all text, no folios, all images anchored and no Master Pages.

Linkedin Learning have step-by-step tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are any number of EPUB creation applications that may or may not do a decent job with a PDF. It's always better to use the original file. What application created the PDF?

Using InDesign for this will result in nothing but images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines