• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to extend a table to more than one page

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am trying to place a table inside one of the pages of a book I am working on, but I encountered a problem, which is that the first column of the table contains long text that extends to the next page. This led to the first row of the table being separated from the rest of the rows and becoming alone on the page, which remained. The rest of it was empty and could not be written in. The rest of the rows appeared on the next page. The table stopped on this page and did not extend to the next page even though the text had not finished. What should I do with this mess?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A table can split to the next page, but a cel cannot split. You have to divide the cell into several lines otherwise xou cannot work on as it will hide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank for answering 

How do I divide a cell into several lines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank for answering 

How do I divide a cell into several lines?

By @Ahmed Elsawy

Eiter manually - by selecting part of the Cell's contents, cut and then create new row and paste - or using dedicated script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the cell (ESC), then right-click and Split horizontally /vertically.

In case the cells have visible borders, the split cells will looks as split. In order to make them looks as one, turn single borders off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the cell (ESC), then right-click and Split horizontally /vertically.

In case the cells have visible borders, the split cells will looks as split. In order to make them looks as one, turn single borders off.

By @Doc Maik

It's not what OP want's - which is to split CONTENTS between two cells - like WORD is doing - not just add a new empty cell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines