• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to hide Application Bar?

Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to hide the "Application Bar" in InDesign CC 2020? It is useless to me and uses screen real estate. (This is not the Application Frame, which I have turned off. Nor is it the Control bar, which I have turned on.)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @graphic mac , Are you sure you are checking your user folder’s Library (on OSX it might be hidden, which is the default)

‎⁨ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨username ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Preferences⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe InDesign⁩ ▸ ⁨Version 18.0⁩ ▸ ⁨en_US⁩ ▸ ⁨Workspaces⁩ ⁩▸ Start_CurrentWorkspace.xml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm certain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had thought of the same thing, so I checked all of the XML files. Not a single one contains anything like the text referred to in this thread.

It occurs to me that I prefer the Application Frame much more than I am annoyed by the stupid Application Bar we're talking about, so I'm not putting a whole lot of effort into this anymore anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revisiting this post since it is still not solved. After the update to 19.2 and 19.3 the application frame returned. So I had to dig up where to change what in the workspace.xml. But when deciding to use InDesign in Applicationframe the applicationbar is always active and the xml ‘hide the application bar’ is set to false again.

It is functiuonality I dont want or need and also in the applicationframe mode it would save a lot of space…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this could be scripted. See ApplicationBarShown.

Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 10.00.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it, but this dictionary says it's 'read only'.

https://www.indesignjs.de/extendscriptAPI/indesign-latest/#GeneralPreference.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it is 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines