• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to preset text frame, shape frame to a certain setting so everytime when I launch Indesign

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the setting will be set.  For example, I would like every time when I draw a text frame or shape frame, I would always have an black outline of 1pt without having to set it every time?

I recall older version of InDesign, if you want to preset a certain style for text, shape frame, just make sure you have no documents opened, "double"click the tools and set it the way you want, then every time you draw a box, you don't have to set each box to your desired setting.

How can I do that in the newest InDesign?  TIA.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

InDesign still works that same way, but why not consider Object Styles? They too could be pre-made with no documents open, or you could build them in the open document. An object style remembers all sorts of attributes about the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign still works that same way, but why not consider Object Styles? They too could be pre-made with no documents open, or you could build them in the open document. An object style remembers all sorts of attributes about the frame.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, will use Object Style going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines