Exit

how to reinstall indesign 13.1.1

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

My pc is 5 years old and it seems to old for the lates version of indd. So

I had 13.1.1 but today it wouldn't work because of  error 1.

So unistalled creative cloud and indesign as requested on the support page.

But now I can't reinstall this version. I am so pissed.

Please help me !

thanks a lot

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Adobe officially supports ony the latest two versions of the CC apps, so you can only download CC2020 and CC2019 version of InDesign.

{Modified By MOD}

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Hi Manan,

my assumption is that this is not working for all InDesign CC versions.

Why? Because there are dot updates available on Prodesign Tools for CC 2013, CC 2014 and CC 2015.

Not for CC 2017 and CC 2018. We can only hope that the CC Desktop app will fill that gap.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe officially supports ony the latest two versions of the CC apps, so you can only download CC2020 and CC2019 version of InDesign.

{Modified By MOD}

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

I did not test this and I will not test it:

After uninstalling InDesign CC 2018 13.1.1 and installing 13.0.0 by using the installer on the Prodesign Tools site it could be that the Creative Cloud Desktop app would recognize the fresh installation and offer an update to a dot version like 13.1.1.

Meriem could test this.

And can come back here to report if an update is offered.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe, thanks for the tip. So do you think this will be the case for all CC versions or something after i suppose CC2015(not sure i vaguely remember reading something related somewhere)?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

my assumption is that this is not working for all InDesign CC versions.

Why? Because there are dot updates available on Prodesign Tools for CC 2013, CC 2014 and CC 2015.

Not for CC 2017 and CC 2018. We can only hope that the CC Desktop app will fill that gap.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old thread, but I do find it insane that Adobe will not allow updates to this app through Creative Cloud. I am also in a situation where I need access to ID 13, but am stuck on 13.0 with no ability to update it. CC shows the app as "updated" when obviously it is not. This is needless aggravation for users. While I understand that these are not typical use cases for most customers, I fail to see the harm in letting us have access to applications that we need when they're obviously still useful and being paid for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines