• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink email issues on publish online and interactive pdf

Participant ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Indesign ver. 16.1 on Windows 10 (but same problem with previous versions), I have problems with hyperlinks setted as email link or even as url typing "mailto:myemail@gmail.com". Once I upload to publish online and click on the hyperlink, a white page appears with written "Connection denied by mail.google.com.".

I also tried with a button setted with "send email" action on an interactive pdf but always the same issue.

Does anybody have some solution?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if your final output is PDF or Publish Online.

For Publish Online, it works just fine. Be sure and create your hyperlink using Link To: Email

email hyperlink.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

thank you for your reply but I've correctly created an hyperlink using link to: email.

My test was done using Google Chrome Browser for desktop and I found that the problem is Chrome which blocks the hyperlinks to my web email (gmail).

I tried Firefox, Microsoft Edge, the old Microsoft Explorer and Chrome for Android and all of them work fine with the hyperlink on Publish Online.

So I guess there is something wrong with Chrome for desktop and, since Chrome is one of the most popular browser, I wonder if is a kind of bug of my version or if is an official bug with it. I have the latest official desktop version  88.0.4324.150 running on Windows 10 pro updated.

This is the link for the check on publish online: the magenta rectangle works fine as hyperlink except in Chrome for Desktop:

https://indd.adobe.com/view/557e925b-b73a-4a0b-ad6d-50f4e2ec838a

Could you kindly try, if possible, on Chrome Desktop browser?

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works fine for me in Chrome on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Da7,

just tested your hyperlink of your Publish Online test with the magenta rectangle with Google Chrome 90.0.4430.93 on Windows 10 Pro version 2004. No issues. It simply works. ( Also with Firefox on the same machine. )

Regards,

Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines