• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks in Master Page not updating in other pages

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm setting up a document that is going to have tabs on each page with interactive hyperlinks attached.

All goes well when I initially set up in master pages - when setting up a new page the hyperlinks from the master page appear on the printable pages.  But when I make a change to the hyperlink destination in the master page it doesn't transfer to the printable pages using the same master.

Does it not automatically update the other pages?  Will I need to go into each page and change the hyperlink?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Try this:

After you update the hyperlink in the master page(s), make sure your updated master page is selected and click on the flyaway menu for your Pages panel and select the Apply Master to Pages... flyaway menu command. Here you can specify which document pages you apply a given master page to, much like you would specifying pages to print (e.g.1-5, 7, 10 to apply your master to pages 1 through 5, page 7 and page 10).

Then check your updated master pages ... closely. This should apply

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this:

After you update the hyperlink in the master page(s), make sure your updated master page is selected and click on the flyaway menu for your Pages panel and select the Apply Master to Pages... flyaway menu command. Here you can specify which document pages you apply a given master page to, much like you would specifying pages to print (e.g.1-5, 7, 10 to apply your master to pages 1 through 5, page 7 and page 10).

Then check your updated master pages ... closely. This should apply your master page with its updated hyperlinks correctly. But it will also blow away any changes to those master page elements you may have released and altered in your document page(s) where you applied your updated master page. So anywhere you broke the bond of your master page element(s) to make custom changes, you may need to do those changes all over again.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines