Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't access a text

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Maybe it's a basic but i can't access some text in a indd file.

I have access to 99% of the text in the "text layer" but a sentence is like "hidden".

I have uploaded a linked image.

All other elements of the text layer are in red scares, i can edit, move, etc, but the text in the center is not and i can't access it.

It's really part of the text layer as it disappears when i hide the layer.

Can someone tell me what to do ?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

It might just be another thread of text behind the larger text frame in the document's stacking order.

I'd suggest trying this to reach your errant text:

1. Get your Black Arrow/Selection tool.
  2. Place your cursor directly above the text you can see, but not modify. Click the mouse button. Most likely, you'll see a larger element is selected than your mystery line of type.
  3. Hold down the Cmd key (Mac) or Ctrl key (Windows), then click again. This lets you select elements beneath the top one in th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it on a master page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not a master page.

I have this problem on 3 pages out 100.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might just be another thread of text behind the larger text frame in the document's stacking order.

I'd suggest trying this to reach your errant text:

1. Get your Black Arrow/Selection tool.
  2. Place your cursor directly above the text you can see, but not modify. Click the mouse button. Most likely, you'll see a larger element is selected than your mystery line of type.
  3. Hold down the Cmd key (Mac) or Ctrl key (Windows), then click again. This lets you select elements beneath the top one in the stacking order.
  4. If that doesn't get you there, select the Object>Unlock All on Spread menu command to release any and all locked elements, then try it again.

Hopefully, one way or the other, following these steps will set your errant text free for movement/modification as you see fit.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot !

"Unlock all on spread" was the good catch 😉

Thanks Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help.

Please feel free to come back here — or heck, any of the Adobe forums — if you're having problems with Adobe software. There are lots of sharp folks around here who are happy to help. Not to mention lots of folks who may recognize your problem and got around it because they've had that same problem before.

You don't have to ask me how I know, because we've both experienced this.

Glad to have helped,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines