• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't get text boxes to retain transparency when I publish online

Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get text boxes to retain transparency when I publish online—while other objects (shapes and images) do retain their transparency. The transparency blend space for the doc is already set to RGB. I tried altering the settings for exporting the object and tried all the other settings under "preserve appearance from layout" but none worked.

It doesn't matter if the object is on a master page or not. It happens to be a page number on the master page, but I tried it with a simple text box on a regular page and it still doesn't work.

If I outline the text, the transparency works fine. So clearly it's a problem with the transparency of text boxes per se. It would be really time-consuming to outline the text boxes on all the pages in the doc, and would have to be repeated if I had to make any changes to page order later. Any other ideas for a work-around?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Thanks for the response, Jeffrey. I just realized I was basing the problem on how the document appeared in the EPUB preview, which did not show the transparency. When I actually tried publishing online, the transparency is there. Very strange. So "problem" solved, I think. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi MOD indy-go girl,

Publish Online and Fixed Layout EPUB share the same technology, HTML.

But that does not mean they share the exact same features.

If you are using the EPUB Interactivity Preview Panel in InDesign it does show you a preview of a fixed layout EPUB.

It does not show the preview of a Publish Online document. For that InDesign is missing a preview mode.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> work-around?

Why don't you need this "publish online"? What stops you with export to PDF?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand your question, George. If you are asking why I need to publish it online, it's because of interactive elements, especially videos that are embedded in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non-interactive text frames, and text within frame, can have transparency effects that will display in Publish Online. Button rollovers will not display transparency. Do you have buttons with rollover effects? Can you share a link to your document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, Jeffrey. I just realized I was basing the problem on how the document appeared in the EPUB preview, which did not show the transparency. When I actually tried publishing online, the transparency is there. Very strange. So "problem" solved, I think. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MOD indy-go girl,

Publish Online and Fixed Layout EPUB share the same technology, HTML.

But that does not mean they share the exact same features.

If you are using the EPUB Interactivity Preview Panel in InDesign it does show you a preview of a fixed layout EPUB.

It does not show the preview of a Publish Online document. For that InDesign is missing a preview mode.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines