• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images for scene breaks in books: glyph-for-image replacement?

Participant ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've started to receive an increasing number of requests for pictorial scene breaks in print books, where no useable glyph is available and the only solution would seem to be to do some kind of glyph-for-image replacement.

Has anyone got any suggestions for how to achieve this?

I'm wondering if there's some kind of special paragraph style or GREP combination that could magic this.

To be clear, I've looked at a few options, including trying to create fonts that contain vectors files, based on some images.

Any suggestions or guidance apreciated.

VBW

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understood correctly your request but if I did, it looks like a job for Indyfont :

http://www.indiscripts.com/category/projects/IndyFont

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinny38. Nice product, but not quite the solution I need. I need to replace font glyphs in scene break styles with actual images (as they don't exist in any font). Sorry about the one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi (I am the creator of IndyFont.)

A font *is* a thing that contains actual images. There is no 'font' editor in the world where you MUST create an 'A' image for the lettet 'A' -- you can draw anything there!

As I understand your question, you are looking for custom made ornaments. If you can't find a font with suitable ornaments, you can create one yourself -- using a font editor.

(IndyFont is by no means unique in this, but it is designed to work from within a familiar environment for experienced InDesign users.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at Rorohiko's Swimmer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi David. yes, that looks like that might be an option. Will give it a go and report back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines