• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imposed PDF with InDesign CC

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Im using InDesign CC on Mac OS 10.8.4.

I'm trying to do something pretty simple, create an imposed pdf using the "Print Booklet" option. Before in InDesign CS6, i would:

1. Go to File >Print Booklet

2. Click on "Print Settings"

3. Adobe PDF would have been selected as the default printer

4. I would add cropmarks and bleed

5. hit ok

6. Select "Preview" to confirm everything looks good to go and hit print.

now, the tricky part in InDesign CC is step 3, since apparently some technical changes to Mac OS since version 10.6, don't allow Adobe PDF printers to be created. My Question is how do i create an imposed pdf to send to the press? Thanks a lot for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate your response. Maybe I should learn some best practices again again. I realize that most of my petulance comes from having a need that I can't figure out on my own, and arriving en Forum emotionally loaded … thanks again for your efforts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Acrobat PPD still works with ID 2015 and El Cap. Here I've set the paper size to a custom 20"x15" for a letter sized imposition. If you have blank pages you must check Print Blank pages or the imposition will break:

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 1.26.27 PM.png

Here's a link to the PPD (this has it in a zip archive) the folder is case sensitive

Unzip the archive and copy to /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Presets/PPDs

Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you rob day for saving the DAY here!!! I have a client whose print vendor INSISTS on the imposed PDFs from InDesign. I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to get it to work properly. The Acrobat 9 PPD did the trick. I'm aware that it's not the recommended way to send PDFs to a printer, but I can at least give them what they are asking for. I just send it along with the caveat that it's recommended to have the printer do the impositions and that I can provide the PDF as single pages if requested.

THANK YOU again!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to run your pages through postscript there are imposition scripts out there. If you are on OSX you can try this AppleScript. It exports pages to simple 2-up saddle stitch impositions with an allowance for creep. It doesn't alter the original layout in anyway. There is a test file included in the zip folder. Make sure you check the results carefully before using it in production.

http://www.zenodesign.com/forum/ImpositionAS.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a free online tool that will let you turn any PDF file into a booklet:

https://pdfsnake.app/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since these messages are read for years to come... "This is an early, limited-time preview. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines