• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In design won’t open my document

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It acts like the document is open (I.e. when I go to shut down the computer or application it says I need to close down the document.) I thought I had fixed the problem by uninstalling in design and reinstalling- it has been working fine for about 2 weeks. But stopped again. I tried the same action with no result this time. Older computer running Mojave 10.14.6. MacBook Pro 15 8GB 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows the document loading, even tells me if links are missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8GB is barely enough RAM, also how much spare hard disk capacity do you have?

If you've been working on a document for a while with different changes and so on, it might be worth saving it as an IDML format, and reopening it as an INDD again to clear out the crud that builds up.

The other thing to try is to reset your InDesign preferences:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answer. I did upgrade my memory. I'm sure my computer and being on

automatic updates caused the problem. Really appreciate your advice  MC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, got exactly the same problem today. Idk if that helps but for me it worked when I installed an older version of Indesign – in my case Indesign 16.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't try that. But I think I will. It happened again, and I'm sure it is because of the last automatic update, and my 'old' computer.   I really appreciate your reply.  Thanks MC  I did get it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines