• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 15.0.1. and Dropbox

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have got a problem with the newest version of Indesign.

I am a editor of the magazine. All our issues are kept in dropbox. Several persons are sharing all th folders and it worked fine, unless I upgrated Id. Now as soon as I try to open a file from any folder DB starts synchronizing old files, and in this case Id stops responding. So the problem is that it is impossible to open an Id file when my dropbox is open. 

Does anyone know what the reason is and how to cope with it? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Publish online , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Are you using the smart sync feature? If so, turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the smart sync feature? If so, turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am... Oh, thank you! Will do now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue, but smart sync is not enabled. On both my Mac laptop and iMac. If I try and open an indesign file that's in my Dropbox then indesign will hang. If I drag the indesign file to my desktop and open it then it opens as it should. For me this points to a problem with Dropbox. I've been onto support at Dropbox and eventually then said it isn't a Dropbox problem. I've been having this problem for a number of months. I've deleted indesign prefs, cleared cache, uninstalled and deleted all indesign app files, re-installed again. It still happens. Any other ideas what may be happening or suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue, but smart sync is not enabled. On both my Mac laptop and iMac. If I try and open an indesign file that's in my Dropbox then indesign will hang. If I drag the indesign file to my desktop and open it then it opens as it should. For me this points to a problem with Dropbox. I've been onto support at Dropbox and eventually then said it isn't a Dropbox problem. I've been having this problem for a number of months. I've deleted indesign prefs, cleared cache, uninstalled and deleted all indesign app files, re-installed again. It still happens. Any other ideas what may be happening or suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files are fully sync'ed I don't see how it could be a Dropbox issue. Are you absolutely sure the files are fully synced and all of the links are as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, everything is fully synced. All my work sits in the Dropbox folder, some of it's been in there for months. But if I try and open any of those indesign files, indesign will hang, if I drag it to the design top it will open. So you don't think its a Dropbox issue? Are there any crash logs that might reveal something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't.

Update InDesign to 15.0.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 15.0.2, I've uninstalled and reinstalled indesign. Are there any crash logs that might show anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no idea what's going on. What I do know is that any file properly synched with Dropbox is no different than any other file that's on your local harddrive.

If you do get a crash report, post it on pastebin.com and post a link to that here. Do not post the crash report here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines