• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 16.1 color mismatch issues

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An existing file I had been working on about a month ago (with no printing color issues) is now printing colors incorrectly in Indesign 16.1. 

When I convert the file to a pdf and print from acrobat, the colors print correctly.

I synchronized my color settings for all the apps from Bridge 2021 (North America General Purpose 2),

U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2 (also selected on my printer), yet indesign still prints the colors wrong.

Please help! 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug with the latest CC2021 update that randomly turns off InDesign’s color management—check your Color Settings before you print and make sure it is not Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I made sure InDesign's color setting is not InDesign 2.0 CMS Off,  I have it as North America General Purpose 2 and synchronized from Bridge, but still printing colors incorrectly.

So basically until the update arrives, my only work around is creating a pdf and printing the file from acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue where I have to go back into indesign and turn on North America 2 general profile all the time. It just turns itself off. My bridge setting is correct and should sync but it never seems to work in conjunction with Indesign. What is the work around, when will this be fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that in InDesign there is the software workspace and the document workspace. Syncing colour management is not a "fix all problems solution". If you look at proof settings do you have the same colour profile for document and workspace. 

In your print settings you are asking Indesign to send your document CMYK data to the printer, but a Phazer 7800GX is not a sheet ofsett web press and does not respont to CMYK vallues as you want. Proof is a more reasonable setting if you want to see a proof od your colours. The Printer profile should be the profile of your Phazer (and paper).

Could you please better describe your problem if you need more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understand phazer is not a sheet offset web press.

Acrobat and photoshop do print the same file correctly to the phazer and apparently are synchronized to the same setting as indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print dialog was from InDesign, and that is where there is an error. The Printer Profile should be the Phaser profile. The alternative would be to let your printer handle the colours. Complare it to your prind dialogs from Photoshop or Acrobat. Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 7.01.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. While i'am working in Indesign the color settings changes to 'Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off'. The solution is probably sync color profile in Adobe Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also doesn't work. For me, after this treatment, it also changes the color profile.

I will modestly remind Adobe that this is supposedly a program for professionals, for typesetting and printing. Now I have to check every 5 minutes if the color profile has not been accidentally left. "automatically" replaced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines