• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 16.1 freezing with paragraph styles

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone having issues with InDesign 16.1 crashing when trying to update paragraph styles, specifically additng bullets or using preview? I can't get my file to do anything anymore, without freezing and having to force quit. It doesn't seem to be happening with 15.1.3, so my thought is that it's a bug, but I can't wait until it's fixed, as I'm in the middle of buidling a template for a 400 page book, so frustrating. Any suggestions?

Also having issues with Illustator latest update and my graphics card. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Hmmm. will try the preference reset. Not sure I have access to cached files as I'm on a work computer and they don't give us adminstrative rights to sytem files. For fonts, for this particular style, I was just using Calibri, so pretty standard, not sure why that was happening. I decided to start over in a clean file in a lower version of Indesign, and it solved the problem temporarily. Hopefully, the file will remain stable if I do any updates. 

For illustrator, I found on another thread that t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting preferences or deleting cache files to see if it alters this crashing behavior?

Also, what font is being used? A specific font or any font?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. will try the preference reset. Not sure I have access to cached files as I'm on a work computer and they don't give us adminstrative rights to sytem files. For fonts, for this particular style, I was just using Calibri, so pretty standard, not sure why that was happening. I decided to start over in a clean file in a lower version of Indesign, and it solved the problem temporarily. Hopefully, the file will remain stable if I do any updates. 

For illustrator, I found on another thread that this was a common issue re: graphic cards incompatability error and it fixed it by turning off a prefernce that was recently added as a default.

Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Andie V. said:
"Not sure I have access to cached files as I'm on a work computer and they don't give us adminstrative rights to sytem files."

InDesign's cache files usually are in a subfolder of your user folder. You should have full access to it.

On a Windows 10 system the default for the InDesign 2021 cache folder is this:

Username > AppData > Local > Adobe > InDesign > Version 16.0

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines