• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 16.3 are now live

Mentor ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign and InCopy 16.3.0.24 have gone live today and are available publicly.

The update will be rolled out in a phased manner and many of you might not see the updates as of today as it has been made live for Australia, France, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland and United Kingdom based Adobe IDs.

What's new in this release:

InDesign and all its features now work 1.5x times faster on Apple silicon hardware with M1 processors.

List of issues fixed in this release:

Stability and performance

User experience improvements

Scripting

• AdobeXMPScript library fails to load.

Production

• Some glyphs do not appear in the exported PDF from an InDesign document with placed pdf file containing Type0 font glyphs.

Core feature and workflow

• Cannot create new document using Cmd-N dialog for some cases.
  • Variable fonts appears incorrect when Roman rotation in vertical text is applied.
  • URL information is missing in the Hyperlinks panel in InCopy.
  • Incorrect order of footnotes appears in scripting when numbering is set to restart every page or section.
  • In InDesign, the highlight color of overlapping highlight comments is incorrect.
  • Variable Font added to CC Libraries in Illustrator loses its attributes on placing in InDesign.
  • Mark attachments do not appear at correct positions for Variable Font.
  • Every alternate character of the composite font appears incorrectly in InDesign.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner
TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Can you provide more information on when the rest of the world will have access? Specifically, the United States.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really strange because I have the 16.3 update on MacBook (Intel) but it is not showing on Mac Mini (M1). Same Adobe Id on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the list of the next Countries that will see the new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can only wait. There is no any concrete dates.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few crucial scripts and plugins that won't work with 16.2.1, so I can't use them at all until I get 16.3. The sooner they can roll it out, the better. I'm dying over here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for this update to be available...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! I need to work seamlesly with an iMac and an M1 MacBook, and the latter is not fully compatible with the current Intel version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And still waiting for that update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my side it available only from today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines