• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 19.0 Update: Change in Diacritic Selection Behavior in the hebrew language

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I discover serious bugs in InDesign in the Hebrew language.
I export a book file and find that dots are gone, hyphens are gone.
What am I supposed to do with it? 

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. A bug has been logged for this issue, and our team is actively working on it. Please stay tuned to the uservoice page shared by our experts for future updates on this issue.

The current workaround shared on the uservoice is to revert to InDesign 18.5. 

We also kindly request you to submit your feedback on the uservoice and vote for better prioritization of the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of bug reports over on the InDesign.uservoice site. I think that they could be gathered into one megathread but here are a few:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/47461556-you-have-screw...

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/47461556-you-have-screw...

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/47353670-rtl-in-indesig...

Because this is a user-to-user forum that the developers may read from time to time, the direct bug reports to the developers can be done via the indesign.uservoice.com site.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect that my vanishing-fullstops bug report on Uservoice is going to turn out to be the same bug:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/47515619-fully-justifie... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of RTL fixes coming in version 19.2 which is rolling out now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I may have jumped the gun on this. While it's coming, I think it's only available as part of pre-release which anyone can join.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now uninstall the 19.2 version and install the 18.5.1 version (from 2023). It is not a longterm fix, but at least for the time being it is possible to export PDFs in Hebrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. A bug has been logged for this issue, and our team is actively working on it. Please stay tuned to the uservoice page shared by our experts for future updates on this issue.

The current workaround shared on the uservoice is to revert to InDesign 18.5. 

We also kindly request you to submit your feedback on the uservoice and vote for better prioritization of the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines