• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 crashing while working with Text

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to COPY, CUT or PASTE text, InDesign crashes on my MacOS Catalina. I am using the most up to date version (15.0.1) but it was also happening with the previous version as well. 

UPDATE: I realize this occurence only takes place with the INDD specific file I am working on. I tried packaging the file and reopening it as IDML and the problem went away.  However, the fonts and styles were all gone even though they were included in the package. 

Because the original INDD file has private information, I went ahead and replicated the it, replaced all text with placeholder text, packaged the file here for anyone who wants to help investigate. The included INDD is identical with the original (except in text) and has the exact same crash issues mentioned above. They also include all original fonts (Montserrat-Light, Montserrat-Regular, Fira Sans-Light, Fira Sans-Regular). 

I've emailed the file to Adobe to see if they can troubleshoot. If you have any suggestions in the meantime, please let me know and I'll test out your suggestions. Appreciate any help!

https://cutit.org/yJv8P

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Hi xtinna2,

opened your sample document.

Tried to export a selection of text frames on the master page to an IDMS snippet file.

InDesign 2020 crashed immediately. The IDMS file was not written.

I'd say work on with the IDML file. Format your text anew. Also define new paragraph styles.

The current InDesign 2020 document is damaged beyond repair

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Hi All,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update your InDesign to v15.0.3 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/37443781-indesign-crashes-when-editing-text

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Thanks for helping!

• We are working with MacOs Mojave
  • We started noticing it since januari 2020
  • It always crashes when you try to cut or copy tekst. With objects it works fine.
  • it are some documents https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/eeeffd86-f300-4475-7ab5-0e63c521cc48 this is one example
  •  The files are stored on google drive with google file stream
  • There where no changes made recently

Thanks in advance!

Stijn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution on this? i tried everything listed and nothing help.

i use 16.2.1 and still facing problem. copying the text crash the indesign and corrupt the restoration file, everytime i lose everything i made. 

three years after first time it happens and you still cant find the bug in software? 

thats crazy. stop selling it then! 

mac os big sur on macbook 16" 2019. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For months now, on different computers and different operating systems (Catalina and Ventura 13.6, now ID 19.2) I have always had problems when I try to intervene the table of contents. Just using delete on a word aborts. Cut, copy-paste, same thing. This happens in TOCs that do not handle more than half a dozen styles.

I have followed all the cleaning steps. Resetting the preferences, renaming the files in Library (Cache Data and Roaming Data) and nothing works, the same as exporting as IDML.

The problem now seems more severe. The ID freezes after a crash and I always have to restart the computer. If I try to use recovered files it does not open them. The machine freezes completely with ID.

I have replaced fonts but this persists. There must be a reason. Either ID or my computer (Dropbox, KeyboardMaestro, no plugins).

I have sent dozens and dozens of crash reports to Adobe when it aborts and have never gotten a response.

My thought now is whether it is worth setting up a completely new ID. Mr Laubender states that if deleting cache and roaming persists the problems are not an ID problem. That is why I have not progressed on that step mentioned.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble. To get this checked by the team, I'll need a few more details like:

-Sample file for testing.

-Steps to reproduce the issue

-System logs.

-The current version of InDesign & OS in use. 

Please try reproducing the issue and once InDesign crashes, please take note of the time stamp and share the logs with us through a private message by clicking on my name. You can add the log file & sample file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link with me.

We'll try our best to assist.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines