• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign (2021) 16.0 crashing on startup

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. A couple of days ago all programs are updated to 2021 version but InDesign is crushing constantly on startup. Illustrator, Photoshop and Bridge are working fine.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve. Unfortunately not. Still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Operating System (Exact version of Windows/ MAC)
  • Share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 
    While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly. 
  • If you are using Windows machine, logs from Event Viewer. 
    Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog, enter eventvwr (or eventvwr.msc) and hit OK. 
    Go to Windows Logs > Application and check if you see any error related to InDesign.
  • If you are using a machine with macOS, then please try the steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-with-ttf-font.html) and let us know how it goes. 

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishiti

It Win 10 64bit.

Shared 5 or 6 times crash logs (today last time). 

Event viewer - nothing related to Adobe.

Also uninstalled v16 and installed again (without preferences) - the same thing happening over and over again.

Illustrator and Photoshop work normally 

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same issue.

Adobe indesign 2021 just froze on startup.

Nothing is clickable.. if you find a solution give me a thumb upCapture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the solution I gave above?

Often restoring your InDesign preferences solves such problems:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and unfortunately it didn't work either 😔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. Was InDesign working before and then it stopped, or did you never get it to run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running on windows 10.

I am working on the last version of InDesign, I don't remember the version numer exactly.

Nd It didn't work at all, the first time I've started it, it just goes like that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Mac user so I'll let one of the Windows users help. But they'll need to know the version of InDesign you're using to help you properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kareem,

Sorry to hear about this. Please try removing the existing installed app using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Reinstall the app once done.

Also, make sure Windows 10 is updated to the latest version. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

To jump in the conversation since I started it 2 months ago - nothing of proposed doesn't work!

I had 2 x 3-hour chat with Adobe tech support and they did all those things and many more - nothing worked. In the meantime, there was an update on ID2021 but nothing changed... Am still working on v. 2020 since I don't have time for another chat (you always get a new staff and explanation and work on fixing starts from beginning), hopefully, will try again in a couple of days. 

Anyway, a huge disappointment!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've tried most of the solutions out there.

Also, I've tried to use an older version but it fooze!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So had again 2 chats with Adobe support - of course without a solution.

Today they notified me that they found some bug in v. 2021 and it will be fixed with next update and until then to continue using v.2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. No solutions. Incredible indeed. Older versions don't work. Reinstalled my whole system, removed fonts, uninstalled and trashed all adobe apps and reinstalled. Everything else works. Not Indesign. Work backing up now and anger rising. I'm really blown away by the lack of solutions and support on this stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

8 months later and 2 updates in the meantime, 2 more chats with support ... the problem is not resolved.

Extreme disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines