Exit

Indesign 2021 crash

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning
I have a Mac mini M1 16 gb ram, Big Sur 11.2.3
Adobe InDesign is subject to frequent unexpected shutdowns while editing text.
Even resetting the preferences the problem persists.
Even with the Beta version.
It is practically impossible to work.
I am very disappointed.
Does anyone have the same problem or have you found a solution?
Thank you.

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lot's of known issues with M1 machines. If you look in the CC Desktop app you should find a beta of an M1 native version available. Note: it is a beta and you should be careful with production work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue for about the past 2-3 months.   Just randomly working in InDesign the program just shuts down unexpectedly.   No ryhme of reason that I can tell.   Happens when doing simple things, sometimes on complex things although I have have worked on heavy memory projects and it dont crash.   Just seems random.  I keep sending the reports and hoping the next bug fix helps but no luch so far.    I am having this crash/shutdown probally 8-12 times in a production day.   I also have had where images placed are previewing like they are currpt but a restart of the app seems to make it fine.  I have a newer Imac purchase Fall of last year running Catalina 10.15.7, 3.3 GHz 6cori5, 96 GB 2133 DDR4, 

I have notice in the last Month my Acrobat is starting to have issues with refeshing previews laggin.

I am really frustrated as well..     I would love suggestions.   I have tested my memory and it says it fine.

Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue since last month. I am working in InDesign the program suddenly shuts down unexpectedly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pauljones077,

are you on a Mac with the new M1 chip?

If yes, did you try out the new InDesign beta version ( I think it's 16.3 ) that is the first version that is directly running on the M1 without emulation? You'll find the new beta in your CC Desktop App under category Beta Apps.

More details:

InDesign Beta for Apple silicon - Inviting users to test and share feedback
Srishti Bali, Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2021

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-beta-for-apple-silicon-inviting-users-to-test-and-s...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input.  I am not on silicon yet, I still have the old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines