• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 - HELP! I cannot move any objects on the board and NOTHING IS LOCKED!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just happened yesterday. All sudden I couldn't move any objects on my board. NOTHING IS LOCKED. NO LAYERS ARE LOCKED! 

I could select the object but I cannot move them at all!

already uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign 2021. Restarted my computer too.

I thought it was something locked so yesterday I selected Unlock All on spread and it started working again.

Today after i saved and exported one file to PDF and was going to work on another file, this happens again. I tried to unlock all on spread but now it's all grayed out.

I tried to delete my preferences by hitting Shift+Ctrl+alt when launching InDesign, but NOTHING COMING UP to prompt me to delete my preferences.

Windows 10 user here.

This is very frustrating! I wish I could contact someone on Adobe on the phone so I could get this sorted out quickly as I have a pressing project to finish! Is this a bug??!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Common Fixes:

Delete InDesign preferences with shortcuts

You can delete the replaceable InDesign SaveData and InDesign Defaults files by holding down the following keys while InDesign is launching:

• Windows: Shift+Ctrl+Alt
  • Mac OS: Shift+Control+Option+Command

2:

1. Choose File > Save As.
  2. Choose InDesign Markup (IDML) as the type (Windows) or format (Mac OS) and click Save.
  3. Choose File > Export.
  4. Choose InDesign Markup (IDML) as the type (Windows) or format (Mac OS) and click Save.

3:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Common Fixes:

Delete InDesign preferences with shortcuts

You can delete the replaceable InDesign SaveData and InDesign Defaults files by holding down the following keys while InDesign is launching:

• Windows: Shift+Ctrl+Alt
  • Mac OS: Shift+Control+Option+Command

2:

1. Choose File > Save As.
  2. Choose InDesign Markup (IDML) as the type (Windows) or format (Mac OS) and click Save.
  3. Choose File > Export.
  4. Choose InDesign Markup (IDML) as the type (Windows) or format (Mac OS) and click Save.

3:

There's a deep dive here for preferences if nothing else is working - maybe try this before 4.
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html#:~:text=Wind...

4 Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I ended up contacting Adobe phone support and did #4. Now it fixed it. I tried the shortcut for deleting preferences but it didn't prompt out at all and I was so pressed in time for finishing a project so didn't want to waste more time to investigate. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me! So frustrating and can't find a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I earned a badge for posting but still can't get into my document! So wish that I hadn't done the brochure in Indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines