• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 not opening files created in previous version(s)

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated my Creative Suite to latest version. After updating InDesign to version 2021 I cannot open any files created in previous version. So, I had to reinstall 2020 to be able to do my work. 2021 is coming with the message about damaged files, trying to repair them but without any luck. Any way to fix it or I should rather unistall this new version and wait for next update ????

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Searching the internet and trying different solutions I have found one which works, at least for me. I have opened the file without any problems using Windows Explorer than Open with... After opening I have done very simple change and saved the file. Once saved I can now close InDesing, start InDesign and open the file without any problems. I do not understand what is the difference in opening InDesign first and then opening the file versus opening from Explorer but at least I have solution whic

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching the internet and trying different solutions I have found one which works, at least for me. I have opened the file without any problems using Windows Explorer than Open with... After opening I have done very simple change and saved the file. Once saved I can now close InDesing, start InDesign and open the file without any problems. I do not understand what is the difference in opening InDesign first and then opening the file versus opening from Explorer but at least I have solution which works, until next update 🙂 Maybe next update will fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same sort of issue. After updating my workstation to Windows 10, and working with the latest updates with Indesign2021, I can open files created in CC2018 without any error messages...however they are unusable and look like this:

defaultpkifprdgnf7o_0-1616863406019.png

containing no text or placed images. These files worked flawlessly in CC2018.

The only work around I and our I.T. people have found was to access CC2018 from my old computer through our network...RIDICULOUS! Come on Adobe, fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines